When we were assigned this paper I could not for the life of me
come up with a topic that I wanted to write about that I haven't wrote about in
past persuasive essay. The more research I did to find a topic the more I found
and wanted to do. The three that I'm stuck between to write about are; animal
testing, children and anti psychotic drugs, and veterans homelessness/veterans
services.
Animal testing- My opinion on this topic
is animal testing is bad and there shouldn't be any circumstances where it
would be acceptable. Places are testing cosmetics, medicines, and other
experimental things on animals and killing them because of it. There are people
out in the world who volunteer themselves for experimental testing; so why use
helpless animals who cant have a say in it. There are people out in the world
who look at everything they buy to make sure it says not tested on animals
before they buy it, so in those cases the things that are tested on animals are
juts losing out on money they could have made not testing it on an animal.
Children and anti psychotic drugs- My
opinion on this topic is there are only some cases that a child should be put
on anti psychotics. If a child could be dangerous to them self or the people
around them then yes anti psychotics could be a good thing. But otherwise a
child who grows up on these drugs is most likely to be dependant on them the
rest of there life. A lot of the time children act significantly different as a
child than they do when they start getting older.
Veterans homelessness/veterans services-
My opinion on this topic is when veterans come home they should have help with
living arrangements, psychological help, and all and all getting back on their
feet. Most people are all for helping the soldiers out and honoring them while
they are out fighting but the minute they are done people don’t care or give
them a second thought. Some of the homeless people you see sitting on the side
of the road needing help are veterans.. people who went out and risked there
lives for us and our country come back to nothing and being nothing. A lot of
the veterans also have psychological problems when they come back from war and
they don’t have the money to pay to get help with that so they have to suffer
through the nightmares at night, and flinching every time they hear a loud
noise.
The topic of animal testing has been a hotly debated one for some time. I think you'll find a lot on that topic. There are also people that go to the extreme (i.e. PETA) that would make for an interesting way of trying to find common ground.
ReplyDeleteThe anti-psychotics topic is something that I haven't really considered. I know quite a bit about ADD/ADHD medication. Is this the same idea, or is this more severe medication?
The last one is also a very interesting topic. Is there a lot of research out there about the number of vets that come back from war and the effects it has on them? How many get the help they need? If you can find some research and numbers, this will be an interesting topic. Also find specific stories that you can reference about how troops have suffered.
All three seem viable topics. I'm drawn to the first and last one personally. You might be able to get more out of them.